Volunteering / Community Service
My parents always said “Treat people the way you would like to be treated yourself.” A very simple rule that we can all live by. Helping others, my profession, and my community is just the norm. Do you really need to be recognized for everything you do? Personally… the answer is no.
If you see garbage in your park, do you pick it up? If you see a person that needs help, do you walk or drive by? If you see something in your community that requires repair, do you report it?
- Adopted three parks, boulevard, & walkway. Eric has done this for years while walking his dog.
- St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog volunteer
- Canadian Red Cross Disaster Response volunteer (Retired 2016)
- Heart & Stroke BIG BIKE
- McDonald’s McHappy Day It is an honour to be asked each year.
- Shoveling snow, looking after homes, picking up medications, food, … for others.
- Supporting the community by;
- Advertising space in three arenas
- Sponsor Hillary House Ball, Sport Teams, Events, ...
- Served on the Town of Aurora Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Service Committee
- Served on the Town of Aurora Secondary Unit Dwelling Advisory Group
- Write the monthly Valhalla Neighbourhood Newsletter, here is a sample.
- Report numerous problems including suggestions to help our community remain an even better place to live.
- Financial donations to numerous groups including our local food bank.
- Volunteer / Sponsor for the Aurora Studio Tour.
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce
How many hours have you volunteered this month? Little things can mean a lot to your community, neighbourhood, people, ….family, and you. Volunteer!
REALTORS Care - Heart & Stroke Foundation
REALTORS Beyond the Business
The following are a few published articles Eric has written / contributed to
Get organized and stay organized
REALTOR Etiquette and Best Practices